Friday, December 25, 2009

OMGOMGOMG

It's here... It's Christmas morning... holy Christ! (literally)
Obviously since I'm still a child I haven't slept a wink and am anxiously counting down the hours until my sister arrives this morning for present time.

This Christmas I asked for a goat. I'm not 100% sure there's a goat down there, but I did leave some local eggnog and a sampler of cookies for the big guy and I'm feeling good about it.

Goats bleat. Did you know that? Every hour on the hour since midnight I've gone to the top of the stairs and strained my ears to hear for the bleating of Amalthea or Christopher (I would have said Amalthea AND Christopher, but I wasn't particularly nice this year. Not naughty, just not nice, but I'm not pushing for anything huge.)

"But Anthony..." (right now, I'm doing your internal comments) "But Anthony, what would you do with a goat?"

I would love it, brush it's hair, shear it and spin its fibers into yarn, milk it and make goat cheese/butter/yogurt, play with it, walk it, take pics of it...

Ok... 4 more hours... I can't tell if I heard bleating or the cratering of a reindeer against the roof... back to working on the boyfriend knitting project.

1 comment:

  1. I asked for an Alpaca! Much cuter then goats-softer fur.
    I win.
    Meet Lord Farquad, my trust Alpaca friend.

    ReplyDelete