Monday, December 7, 2009

Better. Best

I’m not as good at tennis as I claim to be.

I’ve cheated on more than one occasion at board games with friends.

I don’t know from where this need to always win came, but I know that I can not allow myself to play Yahtzee with anyone on whom I’m trying to make a good impression. Or Monopoly. Or Uno. Don’t worry, I think Scattergories is sacred and deserves a clean existence.

In my time of unemplo… underemployment, I have decided to pick up the sticks again. The winter months are coming and I (and my countless admirers) will need protection from the harsh blow of the New English winter.

I cranked out a couple amateur scarves last month. It’s amazing how fast one can knit when using 15’s. Naturally I took the aforementioned competitive nature and put it to the knitting test. What can’t I make for myself? After finding a pretty sensible hattern (figure it out) on about.com and buying some extremely pedestrian yarn to test it out, I realized, I’m invincible with double pointed needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment