Friday, January 1, 2010

Success

Congratulations! We have made it through the holidays.

My only two things to share of this joyous time is that after a tumultuous round of knitting a hat for my boyfriend, I am breaking pescetarianism to eat an alpaca burger. I tried 6 different times to knit him a hat out of alpaca yarn. It kept coming out child sized and my gauge kept being wrong.
Naturally the yarn was tainted with bad karma. I bought different yarn and I chose a new pattern and tried to crank it out on the 23rd (see that blog post) but screwed it up, naturally. I stayed up all night on Christmas Eve trying to finish it. I finally was successful in doing this:



I never want to cable knit anything again in my life... I will spend my cabling time cooking and consuming alpaca burgers....

I have to also share what my boyfriend gave me. I love cycling classes, also called spinning classes. He gave me a spinning class.
But not that kind of spin class. An instructor at Slater Mill in Pawtucket, RI offers classes on spinning your own yarn. OMG I'M SO FREAKING EXCITED! I'ma spin the sh*t outa some fiber... can't wait to share it!

I was knitting with some other friends from high school this week and we decided to start our own fiber farm. We're going to call ourselves the Worsted Shire and also carry a line of our own Worcestershire sauce. Get ready!

Happy 2k10

1 comment: