Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 New Things

I've decided that 2k10 is the year that I will no longer be able to end a thought with "...in this economy." This is because the economy is going to turn around.

For this to happen, I've decided that all Americans need to try something new periodically. Since I have my finger on the pulse of the nation and have a grand understanding of economics, this will work. It will work if the "something new" involves putting money into the economy.

Today is starting two of my new things.

The first is a boxing class at the Adirondack Club. 1 hour a week punching a bag will probably end in me in tears at some point, but I'm excited and I have my bandanna all laid out to be tied on a keep the sweat out. How badass will I look in boxing gloves? And by "badass" i mean "incongruous..."

The second thing I'm trying out today is knitting from a pattern I purchased. All of my knitting has been off of free online patterns or out of library books. But I had to buy "Daybreak" by Westknits.
Today was the grand re-opening of my favorite LYS, In the Loop. 15% off everything! Yes please! I got the yarn i needed for daybreak- Louet Gem- brand new at ITL!



All I can say is that I'm trying to find the words to describe this yarn without being disrespectful. Keep an eye out for updates on the Daybreak.

No comments:

Post a Comment